Regional Head of Marketing and Communication Job in Nairobi Kenya
Summary: Our client is engaged in the sale of Internet services, as well as information technology (IT) equipment and related services.
The Company’s products and solutions include corporate Internet, smart access, IT solutions, data services, multiprotocol lable switching (MPLS) solutions, advanced network solutions and collaboration.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
Planning, developing, implementing, reporting on and supporting the execution of regional (East Africa) and local marketing plans that are focused on creating opportunities and lead generation within key target markets.
Furthermore, the Regional Marketing Manager will act as a liaison between head office Marketing and the regional management, sales and operational teams to build sales, and foster marketing alignment and efficient communication in line with the Protect Enhance Grow marketing strategy.
The Regional Marketing Manager will need to work closely with the IS International team and ensure alignment with the business strategy and importantly deliver measurable business value.
Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring success of:
- Comprehensive marketing & corporate communications programmes to enhance the Group’s brand image and position within the marketplace and to the general public
- All organizational communication including PR & events, publications, client acquisition and brand image monitoring.
- Act as an expert on all matters relating to marketing planning, implementation and management for the region at a country level in order to facilitate the translation of the marketing strategy into actionable plans that have local relevance
- Support the IS International MD, in the delivery of the overall regional business development strategy and ensure marketing is supporting and aligned to this
- Create area and local marketing plans for the region in liaison with IS International and the Country MD’s containing strategies, tactics and detailed implementation calendars, taking into consideration the regional strategy, market conditions, products and services portfolios and what local/regional resources that may be required
- Provide support as needed for the day-to-day implementation of the regional and local marketing plans, including campaign management, regular ROI analysis and program measurements.
- Liaise with the Marketing Executive and IS International team and country MDs to ensure that local campaigns are optimally integrated across channels, reflect the Group’s strategic imperatives and incorporate relevant messaging, content and value propositions into local-level programs for the sales force .
- Act as conduit for national marketing initiative implementation and go-to-market strategies across Region.
- Gather market information and, in a consultative fashion, provide marketing expertise/best practices for reaching and being relevant to target audiences.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of IS’s marketing-related tools, and utilise central resources to ensure that resources, content and expertise is not leveraged and replicated
- Provide PR support where required and localise all content for local distribution
- Use social and digital media platforms and tools to disseminate messages that are relevant and will achieve business objectives
- Budget submission for all proposed marketing campaigns, including return expected in terms and campaign measurement tools.
- Direct the efforts of other teams and co-ordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization. i.e. Work closely with internal teams to support and augment their initiatives.
- Ensure provision of timely, accurate and relevant information to staff and the public through print and electronic media outlets.
- Oversee all the Group’s internal activations such as oversee the CSR agenda and activities, company events, staff parties, team building and so forth.
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, business or related field
- CIM added advantage.
- At least five years of experience developing and deploying effective B2B marketing programs that generate qualified leads.
- Experience in a Regional role desirable.
- Good experience in BTL marketing
- Experience across product and solutions marketing, segment or account based marketing, corporate marketing, brand marketing and marketing communications
- Solid project management skills.
- Experience in developing and executing on Social and Digital media campaigns both at a corporate and product level desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- At least four years of supervisory experience.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and motivate other team members.
- Drive, strong work ethic and dynamic approach
- Track record of success and value addition in previous roles.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision prioritizes work and meet tight deadlines.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, hands-on, independent, with the ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to delve into the detail where required as well as providing leadership.
- Strong ability to communicate with and influence across all levels of the organization
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel which may be at short notice
- Willingness to play a multifaceted role spanning client services marketing, solutions and client marketing, brand and corporate marketing and public relations
- Well presented and approachable
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on