Regional Client Service Director Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Job Title: Regional Client Service Director – Nairobi
Reporting To: Regional Director
Company Profile: Our client is Africa’s largest and leading experiential marketing agency that brings brands to life through brand activation, special events, social marketing and sponsorship.
Overall Job Purpose: Build value for our stakeholders through leading and managing business development, delivering an efficient and effective service to clients, ensuring profitability and staff performance.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Agency.
- Develop and implement the stated policies, procedures and guidelines of the Agency. Ensure that they are maintained.
- Continually update own skills and competence. Maintain and develop professional stance both internally and externally.
- Carry out specific projects to assist the management team in general management.
- Highlight issues to Management, which affect the morale of the Agency.
- Raise internal issues, which affect the morale and job performance of the Account Group.
- Facilitate good relationships between group companies, departments and suppliers.
- Bring any significant changes (and/or issues), to the client relationship or to the Account Group, to the attention of the management team.
- Attend, and contribute to:
- Finance Meetings – project based.
- Operational Management meetings – project based.
Client Service Management
- Have full understanding of the Exp offering and drive it through all dealings you have with client.
- Drive new business development by being an innovative and pro-active salesperson, seeking and proposing new business opportunities to and for clients through new business pitches and property development.
- Monitor and evaluate in-country teams performance for projects they execute for you.
- Create and exploit opportunities to develop agencies interests with the Client.
- Direct the strategic development of the Clients’ business in Marketing Communications by having a full understanding of clients business.
- Keep up to date with clients’ marketplace and competitors.
- Develop strong personal relationships with key contacts, building and nurturing all client relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Work with in-country management to appoint and co-ordinate a team to manage client business – project based.
- Hold regular status meetings with account teams to assist with management of projects and plan work accordingly.
- Ensure account team delivers the best quality service to clients.
- Ensure policies and processes are followed by account team. These include:
Policies: Finance, HR and IT (including back-up of information).
Processes: Sixth SenseTM Marketing; Measurement and Evaluation (of projects); Internal Briefings; Brand Ambassador Training and Client Service maintenance and management (Contact reports – after every meeting ; Activation reports – weekly, monthly and on completion, which covers a full summary and evaluation of value created by Exp for the client as well as next phase of activity proposal.)
- Manage and approve all client issues regarding creative and / or strategic direction of Brands / projects.
- Understand and use relevant marketing and business related tools (E.g. Exp’s Sixth SenseTM Marketing tool; Live + Digital; Brand Experience Engine)
- Resolve all day-to-day client issues with diplomacy.
- Anticipate and identify problems and provide solutions to them.
- Ensure the profitable running of each Regional Client Account.
- Develop a constructive relationship with the in-Country Management Teams, and identify the areas to support them as well as use them most effectively.
- Oversee account teams to deliver an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients.
- Ensure effective delegation and management within the team to generate the optimum use of resources to maintain the staff/profitability ratio.
- Direct and develop staff to ensure all are performing their relevant job functions for the specific projects.
- Provide motivation and leadership to maximise job performance.
- Ensure and maintain discipline within the account team.
- Ensure company processes and policies are followed.
- Encourage the flow of information and knowledge within and between account teams.
- To deal with staff issues in a professional manner.
- Implement efficient working practises, systems, time management and staff training against Exp processes and policies.
- Direct the implementation of agreed projects and approve all project briefs, timelines and artwork.
- Review and sign off finished Artwork and ensure that written approval is obtained, from the Client, before going to print.
- Ensure that all projects meet the desired Exp. standard of quality and Brand Experience offering.
- Maintain familiarity with the Agency’s standard Terms and Conditions of Business.
- Ensure the financial policies are followed and adhered to by the account team at all times.
- Develop cost estimates with each participating country – ensuring consistency across all project elements.
- Ensure budgets are approved and agreed with clients before work begins. Revise as necessary.
- Ensure PO’s are received from client before work commences.
- Ensure payment terms are agreed with client before work commences.
- Sign off all sales invoices before they are sent to client.
- Ensure that all projects are within budget and meet the agreed profit margin.
- Manage project GP throughout the project and report financial results to the Regional Director on a regular basis.
- Maximise the profitability of the Project:
- Streamlining processes.
- Widen project margin thru effective ops management – not reducing quality output.
- Monitor billings (billings schedule) on a regular basis to:
- Monitor income versus target
- Revise the annual income projection each month and share with in-country management to assist with their cash flow management.
- Report these figures to the regional director on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that debts are collected as per agreed payment terms.
- Exp policy is to not let a debtor exceed 45 days.
- Upfront payments are needed to ensure working capital for the projects.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the agency’s terms and conditions of procurement and ensure that they are followed.
- Produce an annual business plan (including finances) for your Business Unit, identifying opportunities and KPI’s to grow the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent understanding of marketing communications – able to specialize in experiential marketing and / or sponsorship marketing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at a senior level.
- Tact and negotiation skills.
- Focused through finance – ability to work with numbers.
- Strategic thinker. Proactive in developing clients business.
- Extensive management skills.
- Extensive IT skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to identify problems and offer solutions.
- Work well under pressure.
- Open and friendly personality.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Must be a degree holder preferably in business, marketing or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- A marketing certification will be an added advantage
- Sales or Marketing Experience is mandatory
If interested, send in your CV and application letter to [email protected] indicating the Job position on the Job title.