RCTP Nyanza Procurement Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 7, 2013
Program Description: Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP operates the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV prevention, and care and treatment program.
Due to its continued growth, the program is seeking motivated, pro-active individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Procurement Assistant
Duration: One year Renewable
Vacancy No. FN-091-2013
Position Summary: The Procurement Assistant will manage the procurement data base, process GRNs, coordinate distribution of received goods, and prepare Monthly Purchase reports.
He/ She will assist in the generation of quarterly reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining an accurate and up to date electronic RCTP FACES vendor and price database
- Day to day procurement activities for RCTP FACES Program following RCTP FACES procurement policies, procedures and regulations.
- Follow up, prepare and disseminate reports (monthly) on pending purchase orders/activities to the Head of Procurement.
- Processing all necessary receiving documents (GRNs) against actual goods received and ensuring that all parts are filled and signed and forwarding to the HOP for processing
- Organize the dispatch of received goods to the program partner sites as per their requests in consultation with the Supplies Assistant.
- Assist in generating quarterly reports as required by the RCTP FACES Program.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality in the course of performing official duties.
- Consults with the HOP on technical procurement issues.
- Work closely as a team player with the entire procurement team on day to day activities.
- Performing any other delegated assignments as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or Business Management from a recognized institution.
- At least three years experience in middle level position in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Registered Member of the Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Proficient in MS office packages, especially Ms Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent knowledge of the PPDA, 2005 and the Regulations, 2006
- Outstanding professional competence and result oriented with high level of integrity and
- Team Player
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good analytical, and Reporting skills
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
All applications must be sent electronically quoting the vacancy number and position on the envelope and subject line of email to the address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th December 2013:
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.