RCTP Nyanza Personal Assistant Job in Kisumu, Lumumba Health Centre
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 12, 2014
Program Description: The Research Care and Training Program (RCTP), is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW)
RCTP is seeking motivated individuals to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Personal Assistant (1 Position)
Reports to: Principal investigator
Location: Kisumu, Lumumba Health Centre
Vacancy No. FN-02-01-2014
- Responsible for full calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of meetings/calls, etc; including keeping the Investigator’s schedule and organized for each meeting and appropriately prioritizing time commitments; Have the ability to anticipate needs of (schedule meetings, create/maintain processes etc)
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and following through on issues in a timely manner
- Maintain and monitor personal files (bank accounts, credit cards, taxes, expenses, insurances, travel accounts, etc), as well as personal mailings
- Heavy travel coordination and reservations for the Nyanza Research Coordinator
- Coordinating of travel arrangement, liaise with international assistants for accurate meeting schedules abroad, timely/accurate preparation of itinerary and calendar entry
- Reconciliation, deal-coding and submission of personal and corporate reports monthly, using online management system
- Responsibility for contact management, i.e. keeping track of people requiring periodic interaction, drafting follow-up letters, maintaining lists for key events and mailings Proactive measures re: meetings and contacts to maintain key relationships, updating contact databases
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents
- Support special ad hoc and research projects as assigned
- Ensure timely payment of, review and track bills
- Receive/process mail, send and respond to emails
- Making appointments and managing complex executive calendars.
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls, and assisting with preparing agendas, presentations, handouts and/or taking minutes as needed.
- Organizing travel arrangements, preferably experience with complex international travel.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with various contacts.
- Drafting and editing documents, including correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Providing additional administrative support as needed.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred combined with minimum 2 plus years relevant and proven administrative support job at the Executive level
- Excellent calendar management skill including the coordination of complex, multi-county meetings and calls with internal and external parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization and follow-up skills Positive attitude, solution oriented and calm demeanor, reliable and on time
- Great team player within a collegial environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to mix personal and business support
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities and set deadlines for work
- Highly professional manner, discreet work style, strong work ethic, and sound judgment
- Flexibility on hours when required
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current/last salary and date available to work on the project
- A copy of current registration with a professional body where applicable
- A current CV with the names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- At least two letters of reference preferably from previous employers
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
All applications must be sent electronically quoting the vacancy number and position on the envelope and subject line of email to the address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 22nd Jan 2014: [email protected]
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.