RCTP Nyanza Internal Auditor Job in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 7, 2013
Program Description: Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP operates the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV prevention, and care and treatment program.
Due to its continued growth, the program is seeking motivated, pro-active individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Internal Auditor
Duration: One year Renewable
Vacancy No. FN-089-2013
Position Summary: The Internal Auditor’s role will be to add value and improve operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The role will ensure compliance with internal control procedures and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an Internal audit scope and develop the annual audit plan.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the CEO and the finance committee of the board and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance.
- Recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Evaluate Information security and associated risk exposures
- Evaluate the regulatory compliance with consultation from legal counsel
- Obtain analyses and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data and flowcharts to prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process in the audit finding memorandum.
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires, recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report, discussing findings with auditees.
- Comply with federal, state and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management required actions.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Act as an adviser on all audit and compliance matters in the program.
- Provide support to the company’s anti-fraud programs
- Maintain open communication with management and finance committee
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance Option); Bsc. Finance, or Equivalent
- A Master of Business Administration Degree will be an added advantage
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K).
- Over nine years of experience as an Internal auditor
- A member of ICPAK
- A certification in CISA (certified Information Systems Audit) is an advantage
Knowledge Skills and Attributes Required
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software packages
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
- Good presentation skills.
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
All applications must be sent electronically quoting the vacancy number and position on the envelope and subject line of email to the address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th December 2013:
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.