RCTP Nyanza Human Resource Officer (Payroll) Job in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 9, 2013
Program Description: Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP operates the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV prevention, and care and treatment program.
Due to its continued growth, the program is seeking motivated, pro-active individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Human Resource Officer – Payroll
Duration: One year Renewable
Vacancy No. FN-090-2013
Position Summary: The HR Officer- payroll will manage the Payroll and ensure that salary, and the attendant by products are processed on time.
The Officer will ensure Compliance to statutory payments and reporting, manage all the Programs HR data base, and produce periodic HR Metrics Reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all new Employees are entered into the payroll data base
- Pay Roll Processing.
- Timely production of both draft and Final payrolls within the set deadlines.
- Preparation of Bank Salary Transfer Summaries
- Production and distribution of pay slips
- Production and compliance of all Statutory Payroll by products, within the stipulated statutory guidelines
- Management of Time Sheets.
- Management of HR Hard and Soft Data Base
- Assist in the preparation of recruitment and selection Process
- Periodic Preparation and Reporting on all HR metrics as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in HR Management, Social Science, Business Administration, or Equivalent and a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Good HRMIS experience in both hard and electronic data base Management
- Proficient in MS office packages, especially Ms Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- At least 3 years Computerized Payroll processing, and Time and Attendance Management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be proactive, non-judgmental, organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good analytical, and Reporting skills
- Good Working Knowledge of Kenyan Payroll related statutory Payments
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
All applications must be sent electronically quoting the vacancy number and position on the envelope and subject line of email to the address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th December 2013:
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.