RCTP Logistics Assistants Jobs in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 8, 2013
Program Description: Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP operates the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV prevention, and care and treatment program.
Due to its continued growth, the program is seeking motivated, pro-active individuals to fill the following vacancies:
Position: Logistics Assistant (5 Positions)
Location: Kisumu; Rongo, Suba, Nyatike, Migori
Duration: One year Renewable
Vacancy No. FN-092-2013
Position Summary The Logistics Assistant (LA) is responsible for providing Logistics support to the program activities, ensuring compliance to logistics procedures.
The LA will work in liaison with the District Finance Administrator (DFA), The Procurement Manager and the Transport Officer executing procurement and Logistics requests.
He/She will be required to oversee the scheduling of transport requests in line with available project vehicles in liaison with the drivers and the District Finance Administrator.
The LA is supervised by the District Finance Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager in prioritizing and execution of emerging procurement, administrative and maintenance requests.
- Responsible for the Assets and Inventory management in terms of ordering and maintaining stationery, equipments and supplies in the districts.
- Maintain an updated asset register in the district
- Oversee the repairs and maintenance of building and office equipment.
- Organizing staff travel at the district level, maintain a schedule for mobile clinics, oversee use and maintenance of the fiberglass boats and motor cycles,
- Manage and monitor fuel consumption for boats, motorbikes and vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles are in a good working condition through routine checks and adherence to maintenance schedule, ensure efficient and effective fleet management system, and adherence to auto safety procedures.
- Ensure accurate filling of mileage logs and fuel consumption and reconciliation reports for all vehicles ,motor bikes
- Ensure vehicles are installed with the fleet monitoring system and conduct routine spot checks to confirm condition.
- Ensure that all first aid boxes, fire extinguishers, flash light, tow ropes, jumper cables and other tools are always in a serviceable condition and that all drivers are familiar with their usage
- Report to the Transport Officer any defects, including any accident involving vehicles, and ensure documentation and filling of incident reports.
- Any other duty allocated.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in a Business Administration or equivalent.
- A certificate in logistics management will be an added advantage
- At least three years post qualification experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Experience in procurement in CDC /NIH funded projects.
- Certificate in Microsoft Applications ( Word ,Excel)
Knowledge Skills and Attributes Required
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English.
- Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills, relationship building and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively in a team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary and date available to start work on the project
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably from previous employers
All applications must be sent electronically quoting the vacancy number and position on the envelope and subject line of email to the address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th December 2013:
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.