Quality Assurance Assistant Job in Kenya 2014
Quality Assurance Assistant
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform with the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as laid down in operational procedures.
- Monitoring entire processes as guided by Standard Operating Procedures, to ensure process control of both Spices & Herbs and /or Snacks.
- Monitoring of Critical Control Points and Pre-requisite Programmes (PRP) and applying relevant and effective correction and corrective action when critical limits are exceeded.
- Performing and verifying quality checks across all departments and ensuring processes that have an impact on quality are carried out in accordance with safe food procedures.
- Continuous sensory evaluation of all products being packed to ensure quality and consistency, and approval of finished product for dispatch.
- Ensuring that product non-conformities are controlled at all levels, properly documenting deviations, and managing product isolation to prevent unintended use.
- Ensuring that high hygiene standards are upheld in all production and storage environments, and the entire organization as well. Carrying out daily plant and personnel hygiene checks.
- Maintaining clear and accurate quality records.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Food Science/ Chemistry
- Experience in food processing quality assurance
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
Applications must reach us on or before 2nd January, 2014.
The position being applied for should be indicated on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified