Pwani University College Kenya: Procurement Job
Pwani University College, a premier University College situated at the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi at the Coast of Kenya, is an equal opportunity employer and has the following employment opportunities:
Procurement Officer Grade 10 1 Post AD/04/11/10
Reporting to the Deputy Principal Administration and Finance, the ideal candidate will participate in effective management of the procurement process of the University’s
requirements through internal need consolidation, supplier identification, procurement
process management and quality assurance.
Applicants should be in possession of Bachelors of Commerce Degree in Supplies Management and graduate training in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply management (CIPS Level 6 or any other) from recognized institution.
They must have thorough knowledge of the Public Procurement Act, Regulations and Manual.
They should have Competence in computerized procurement, knowledge of ERP and they should be members of professional body (KISM). Applicants should have served in a position of Assistant Procurement Officer for a period of three (3) years.
* Participate in design, reviews and oversee the implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
* Participate in planning, directing, and managing the central procurement activities of the institution.
* Liaise with relevant user departments in procurement process of goods and services.
* Ensure that purchased goods meet quality standards and specifications.
* Maintain accurate purchase and stores records.
* Monitor inventory level for office supplies for timely replenishment.
* Analyze quotations and select appropriate suppliers.
* Ensure timely dispatch of orders to appropriate suppliers.
* Participate in design the bid evaluation process and where necessary the supplier accreditation system.
* Participate in research and evaluation of commodity areas and makes recommendations for standardization and additions to Qualified Products List.
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applications (2 copies) for the above position should include up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone and names and contacts of two referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
The interested applicants and referees must write to the undersigned so as to reach,
Pwani University College,
P. O Box 195-801108, Kilifi.
To reach him not later than 26th November 2010.
E-Mail: [email protected]