Public Relations Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is an alliance of independent top tier African law firms.
This is a generalist PR role that covers media relations, awards, website, internet and internal communications.
- To assist with the day to day running of the network’s press office, including; responding to press enquiries, drafting and disseminating press releases, liaising with journalists, social media, webinars, and pitching stories to legal, sector and business media.
- Coordinates Public Relations initiatives (pitches, thought leadership pieces, articles, interviews, etc.) with outside PR firm
- To assist the Marketing and Business Development Manager to manage the firm’s processes for legal directories, including providing templates and guidance on best practice and deadlines
- To manage the firm’s processes for key awards.
- Provide advice and support to marketing & business development, business services professionals and lawyers to ensure communications that are consistent, of a high quality and in line with key messages.
- To maintain and update relevant sections of the website and intranet.
- To support internal and external reporting, including surveys, press coverage and reporting on profile raising activity.
- To support the business development team in other activities, as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- B.A. in Marketing or related field
- PR/media relations experience (or the equivalent of) preferably in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated experience or interest in PR and communications.
- A strong understanding of PR and communications principles
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and very high literacy skills
- Prior experience utilizing innovative presentation, website and SEO projects, as well as working with LexisNexis Interaction CRM strongly preferred
- Superior technical and creative graphics skills using the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and LinkedIn profile or other social media skills required
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on