Property Management Company Job Kenya
Property Management Company Human Resource Officer Job in Kenya
Property Management Company
An HR officer must have a clear understanding of their employer’s business objectives and be able to devise and implement policies which select, develop and retain the right staff needed to meet these objectives.
- working closely with departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation;
- liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- preparing staff handbooks;
- advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- undertaking regular salary reviews;
- negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- interpreting and advising on employment law;
- dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- planning, and sometimes delivering, training, including inductions for new staff;
- analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Postgraduate diploma in HR
- At least 3-5 years experience in a Human resource position
Property Management Company