Promotions Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of Job
Markets the company’s products through point of sale and promotional activities within agreed budgets for assigned brands to maximize sales and achieve organization objectives.
Principal Accountabilities/Main Functions
- Assist in the development of the Go to Market strategy for the respective brands.
- Briefs for promotions to external agencies and manages communication of the same to other internal departments.
- Implements and continually monitors POS/promotional activities and liaises with other departments to formulate action plans.
- Advises on pricing and continuously monitors and advices on competitors’ pricing and promotional campaigns.
- Directs an annual review of excellence at the point of sale, trade investment and the competitive environment ensuring all areas of trade spend are reviewed
- Prepares and presents promotional calendars
- Creates a strong link between Sales and Brand teams to utilize synergies and to make sure that everybody speaks the same language.
- Monitors advertising and promotion expenditure.
- A broad set of commercial skills is required together with a working understanding of all business functions and key business processes.
- Excellent communication skills are required to manage diverse relationships both locally and internationally.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as a team member is required with analytical and creative skills combined with an enthusiastic “can do” attitude and a pro-active nature.
Bachelor of commerce degree in Marketing, MS office skills, excellent communication skills, CIM will be an added advantage, 1-2 years experience in the FMCG sector
Please send your CV in word or PDF format.