Project Manager Job In Kenya
Our client is a business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 25 countries with around 800 employees, it promotes – since 1959 – the economic, social and environmental development.
The project manager will be recruited under the financial services program which aims at enhancing access to financial services to the aspiring poor at the bottom of the pyramid in order to acquire productive assets, diversify their income streams and consequently improve their livelihoods.
A. Location: Nairobi with frequent to travel in rural Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
B. Job description
1. Aim of the function: Assisting in and managing insititutional development of cooperative projects, microfinace skills development projects and microleasing project under financial services program within East Africa
2. Main Tasks
3.1 Project management
- Planning, managing and implementing of projects according to the contracted and approved plans and budgets for projects from various sponsors
- Management of the project according to the mission, regulations and aims of the Swiss contact program
- Timely narrative and financial reporting according to the Swiss contacts regulations and project contracts of other sponsors.
- Negotiate and establish MoUs with partner organization when need arise/where necessary
- Ensure complete and timely project documentation at all times
- Monitor project implementation with all partner organisations
- Establish appraisals for all direct reports
- Recommendations for the further training of direct reports
- Identifying consultants to be contracted where necessary and managing them
- Where necessary provide leadership and support for external consultants, advisors, short-term experts and interns/trainees
- Representing the organization in external relevant meetings where necessary
- Description of individual projects
- Preparing half year and end year reports
- Preparing other reports required by the project
- Collection of outreach Statistics
- Collection and filing of photograph and film material on the project
- Development of subsequent updates of the financial services website
- Ensuring that information on the website is valid at all times
- Ensuring the availability and performance of the website in collaboration with external website designer
- At least a bachelors degree in Development studies, Community Development, Finance, Microfinance, social sciences or related areas
- Over 3 years experience in Development work, Rural development, community development
- Knowledge of the financial services sector and/or the microfinance sector
- Excellent communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Sound financial management and budgeting skills
- Working experience in the development world is an added advantage but not a requirement
- Complete fluency in written and oral English
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and team building ability
- Demonstrated ability in networking and developing relationships with various partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working with private sector partners is strongly preferred.
- Computer literate, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
If qualified, kindly send CV and application leter to [email protected] clearly indicating `Project Manager‘ on the subject line by 3rd March,2014.