Through its Human Resource Company – Grow, GSK Group is seeking a mature and experienced Construction Project Manager for one of its major construction projects in Djibouti City.
Construction Project Manager – Alliance Construction -Djibouti
Industry Type: Construction
Functional Area: Construction/Maintenance
Number of positions: 1
Position Description: The Construction Project Manager (actual job title) provides on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project(s).
Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, processes, procedures and equipment involved in the construction of buildings and related site work. Manage project costs to ensure completion within budgetary expectations.
The position holder will develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. He will inspect and review projects construction in progress to enforce compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes.
The job shall involve scheduling and directing all subcontractors and vendors through all activities to full completion of the project. They will be expected to hold extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing client satisfaction in meeting quality, cost and schedule expectations.
Duties: The Project Managers role is to plan, schedule and coordinate all phases of a major construction project, including cost accounting and billing procedures, procurement, and liaising with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
The main duties include;
- Project start-up activities
- Subcontract negotiations
- Scheduling and coordination of subcontracts
- Project cost accounting
- Owners billings
- Building materials procurement
- Change orders
- Supervising Project Administrators, Project Engineers, Field Office Managers, MEP Coordinators, etc.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction and Building Engineering or Management or related degree
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Microsoft Project as well as specialized construction or Architectural software’s.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working on mid- to large-sized commercial or civil construction projects;
- Mature and able to lead and motivate a large and diverse team;
- Local subcontractor relationships;
- Strong cost management background;
- Strong scheduling background;
- Good people management and empowerment skills;
- Experience working in Africa or Middle East or Horn of Africa
- Knowledge of French would be an added advantage
- Experience in one or more of the following types of construction: Airports, healthcare facilities, university facilities, research labs, sports facilities, corporate build-to-suite, public facilities, hospitality or themed entertainment facilities.
This is a senior expatriate position and a competitive compensation package shall be offered to the selected candidate. Medical attention and return tickets as well as other benefits shall be provided by the company.
If you meet the said requirements for any of the openings and are passionate enough to be part of a great team, send your application in confidence by email, stating your current and expected salary (in US Dollar equivalent) and attach your detailed latest CV to:
NB: GSK Group is an equal opportunity employer and qualified and experienced professionals from all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 5th September 2014.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.