Project Manager Employment Opportunity
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 8, 2014
Saman Associates is currently in the process of recruiting aProject Manager for one of its clients.
The incumbent will be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
- Oversee the subdivision projects or construction projects from start to finish;
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed;
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project;
- Ensure that construction activities or subdivisions move according to pre- determined schedule;
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the surveyors, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and labourers;
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises;
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources- labour, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms;
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering;
- Diploma in Project Management or Strategic Management;
- Three (3) years experience in management of projects;
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards in real estate industry;
- Effective time management and logical decision making ability;
- Strong focus on quality of all materials and operations;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams;
- Optimum utilization of all resources;
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted