Project Accounting Coordinator Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 5, 2013
Vacancy: Project Accounting Coordinator
Status: Full time employee – Nairobi based
Description: The Project Accounting Coordinator assists the Finance Manager in monitoring and coordinating financial activities for their assigned programs.
This includes working with field office and country office personnel to assist in the tracking and reporting for these projects.
- Help maintain a comprehensive control system, including policies and reporting procedures, that ensures efficient financial performance by projects and provide accurate and timely reporting to the Finance Manager and the Seattle based BOD Treasurer.
- Review documentation submitted by the project offices for accuracy and compliance to fiscal procedures before QuickBooks data capture.
- Assist in tracking advances and reviewing balances in employee advance accounts and accounts receivables.
- Notify the Finance Manager of any financial or compliance anomalies found.
- Assist in conducting financial training in the Project offices and suggest updates to the financial policies and procedures manual.
- Work with PFAs to provide full accounting for projects to include advance account, bank account and petty cash account reconciliations, process field expense reports and process journal entries.
- Assist in supporting project and annual financial audits.
- Work with the University of Washington (UW) purchasing department to negotiate contracts with suppliers of goods and services purchased within Kenya.
- Assist in developing long-term procurement strategies and implement procedures and systems that will support UW-Kenya programs.
- Communicate with UW Project Field Administrators (PFA) to track and pay invoices on a timely basis.
- Facilitate wire transfer payments to suppliers for purchased goods and services.
- Provide timely response to enquiries
- Provide back up to other UW-Kenya activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or closely related field and CPA 2 or ACCA equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel, Word and power point skills.
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least two years’ experience with grants and Contracts accounting in an NGO is preferred
- Proven track record of resolving accounting problems or issues with customers in a collaborative and effective manner
- A willingness to work in an environment that is committed to continuous improvement of processes
- Knowledge of import/export rules and compliance with UW Purchasing Department Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with financial reporting software packages.
Note that the above JD isn’t meant to be conclusive on all requirements for the position.
Fill in the application form in the following linkhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Zx2GAIb78DPHPB9c26gsmZxUBKNuED73u0Hh0B6zXSM/viewform.
Make sure you send your CV and cover letter with three referees to [email protected]
Applications received past 10th January close of business (5 pm) will not be considered.