Programme Grant Officers Jobs in Kenya
- Coordinate with the Regional Office and other Support Offices on grants, including EU Support Offices for accessing EU funding
- Support the Grants Team’s Compliance Unit by ensuring the successful implementation of WVUK-funded grant projects, including managing reporting and donor liaison, and using the support of WV’s Regional Grant Managers(East Africa, South Africa, Asia)as necessary
- Proactively identify grant funding opportunities by developing a detailed knowledge of regional and country level donor environment and funding mechanisms.
- Develop a good understanding of multilateral donors’ strategy at regional and country level
- Proactively identify multilateral grant funding opportunities by developing a detailed knowledge of regional and country level donor environment and funding mechanisms.
- Provide on-site support through training and mentoring of National Office staff on developing and implementing successful donor relations and grants acquisition strategies.
Required Skills Include:
- Master’s degree or significant equivalent experience in a relevant discipline (International Development).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in grants, 3 of which must be in a position working closely with government multilateral on funding proposals to institutional donors.
- Experience of government donor relations and knowledge of funding requirements
- Excellent ability to work cross-organisationally with multiple stakeholders in realisation of shared goals.
- Knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
Find the full description and apply online by the closing date 21 Feb 2014.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.