Product Professional Job in Kenya
Product Professional Job in Kenya
Our client is looking for a Product Professional.
The Product Professional gathers insight from other resources such as strategic, technical, and marketing to help deliver a product or a solution offering to a market.
- Collaborates with the broader team identify market challenges, quantify the opportunity size and potential for profitability and articulate that problem to their peers and members of the broader team.
- May engage with clients in specific stages of the product family’s lifecycle under the guidance of others. Understands and learns about how to segment the market and understand the dynamics of well served and underserved markets.
- Works with the sales team to visit clients and listen to how clients use and implement products.
- Based on those interactions, gathers feedback on future and current directions.
- Does not directly set the vision, but influences the key discussions on future strategy of the solution.
- Works and learns with designers and developers to translate prioritized market requirements to development plans (e.g. – via personas, use cases, user stories, and/or market requirements documents), helping to understand and determine product sizing and definition.
- Works collaboratively with development leaders, product architects, product designers and key customers to appropriately package features into product releases and ensure product design reflects business objectives (e.g. by creating quarterly roadmaps and monthly release plans).
- Teams with sales, presales, and lab services to refine and validate requirements.
- Works with all functions to ensure that the product aligns with the overall strategic direction and value proposition, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution.
- Actively identifies product offering weaknesses or go-to-market execution issues, and initiate actions or remediation proposals.
- Seeks to understand market signals to adjust strategy, tactics, and manage risks.
- Maintain the product and/or product portfolio roadmap.
- Understands and conveys market opportunities to the immediate management team with business rationale. Participates in the product line lifecycle from tactical activities and from definition to delivery.
- Responsible for the coordination of resources necessary to serve target market segments.
- Assists in driving customer validation through beta programs and engagement with early adopters.
- Helps identify and build product references for industry and customer referrals through strategic partnerships with customers.
- Maintains close relationships with marketing communications and sales management and leverages communication skills to socialize product differentiation by market segment.
- Converts technical positioning into key market messages and helps launch products into market.
- Confirms that marketing communications articulates the value proposition for key features and that sales execution plans are in place.
- Serves more senior product managers in their interactions with press and analysts.
- Empowers the sales effort by participating in a sales process, supported by the requisite sales tools, enabling customers to choose the right products and options.
- Collaborates with sales, technical sales, market research and presales to assist in key deal win / loss analysis to determine problems in the sales process and identify product and/or service flaws.
- May conduct follow-up with customers who choose a competitive product at the direction of more senior product managers, complementing anecdotal information from sales.
- Contributes to specific task assignments that require cooperation with development and marketing specialist.
- Carries out tasks assigned by direct supervisor such as preparing requirements documents, functional specifications, or arranging a design review, etc.
- As required, may present and demonstrate differentiable features of product at trade-shows and at customer briefings under the guidance of more senior product managers.
- Contributes to projects that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate expenses.
- May have budget tasks and timeframes for small projects.
- Cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Work in areas which adhere to state and federal regulatory standards, or where no such standards exist, to nationally accepted guidelines; i.e. dust, fumes, physical and chemical agents.
- Adaptable and flexible to work environment including, but not limited to, out of town travel as required to meet business commitments and working overtime, as business needs may require, handling multiple tasks concurrently, and easily adapting to new assignments, system, tools;
- produce clear, concise, accurate written communication, clearly conveying thoughts and ideas to peers, management, and customers;
- establish and maintain positive work relationships with peers, management, and customers, displaying willingness to understand diverse points of view;
- Learn and apply new equipment and tools within an acceptable timeframe; and assume ownership of assignments, completing commitments on time.
- 5 years of experience
- Have professional knowledge of their product’s capabilities, potential buyers, and the marketplace.
- Uses basic concepts of negotiations drawn from professional knowledge and by collaborating with other team members.
- May collect input from end-user stakeholders to understand their challenges at the direction of more senior product managers.
- Work with senior members to help build a bigger picture.
- May work with engineering, sales, delivery, or support teams to ensure their products are meeting the needs of specific stakeholders.
- Recognizes job related issues and are able to discern if the challenges are related or unrelated.
- Comprehends a basic level of financial data.
- Has a basic understanding of market segments, but focuses on a specific product and feature set.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Product Professional