Product Manager Job Vacancy – eCommerce Business
The Product Manager is the “voice of the Customer “.
Key Responsibilities & Result Areas
- Research and explore how customer s currently use our site, how they want to user a classifieds site and prepare product requirement documents and the business cases (both qualitative and quantitative) in order to secure management approvals for product development proposals and projects
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers.
- Align product line to meet corporate strategic goals and recommend new strategies to executive management
- Ensure that the assigned products are effectively positioned against the competition
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily development, marketing, sales, and customers service) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Assess and develop new revenue streams (including transactional and subscription revenues)
- Ensure a continual focus on innovation by monitoring and identifying digital trends and proposing product development to capitalize on opportunities and defend against threats
- Develop and implement a company –wide-go-to- market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Work closely with the General Managers, other product managers, technology, and marketing resources.
- Drive revenue targets
- Work with the sales team to drive integrated high-value sales solutions.
- Work with Marketing/Sales teams to explore offline product opportunities with unique tie-ins to the digital product
- Provide ongoing communication/presentation to agencies, clients and stakeholders, as required
- Monitor product uptake and make recommendations to improve based on experience and market feedback
- Monitor, evaluate, and define tactical responses to competitive threats and
- Ensure teams are appropriately trained in agreed standards, processes and frameworks
- Developing review processes to ensure that all initiatives and products delivered by the team have been developed and launched to a best practice standard and reflect agreed brand positioning
- Provide relevant and timely information to business on: product. Performance/developments, including performance on key product areas traffic/revenue (actual v budget).
- Provide regular, relevant, and timely information to business on competitor activity.
- Ensure appropriate tracking is in place to enable audience analysis.
- Define, track and improve key business and product success/health metrics
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Technology
- Develop and drive customer acquisition/retention and revenue targets
- Contribute to the commercial viability of online products by ensuring key benchmarks set by the company are met Indicators
- Monthly leads exceed 15% of UVs each month
- Month on month increase in organic UVs, PVs, Session Times, and repeat visitors
- Decreases in bounce rates
- Customer/dealer satisfaction survey showing that dealers are happy with the quality of leads and the customers are happy with the responses
- Traffic and search targets met
- Revenue and cost budgets targets met
- Create a dynamic and progressive culture which fosters the opportunity for everyone to contribute their ideas; from which the individual, team, product or environment will benefit
- Ensure all staff working on your projects understand the strategy and operating plans; Indicators
- High performing product and delivery team
- Right people in right roles
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- 4-6 years of Product Management experience at a customer internet company.
- 4-6 years experience creating and writing effective business requirement documents, use cases, test cases, functional requirements and business cases
- 3-4 years experience working with Web Developers, Engineers, UI Designers and QA to implement Web features
- Successfully launched new customer products with verifiable success metrics
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer and Client Orientation
- Leading and Motivating
- Results Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.