Product Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
Our Client is privately held crop protection and Life Science Company and is among the top 15 agrochemical companies in the world. They are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position outlined below.
Position: Product Manager / marketing coordinator (East Africa)
Reporting to: Managing Director – East Africa
- The PM/Marketing Coordinator for will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Manage all product management and marketing communication activities in the Kenyan office and provide marketing and product management support to other East African country teams.
- Develop and organize production of all communication materials in close cooperation with the Communication and PR team based in France and South Africa
- Defines and develops business cases for new product development and product line extensions based on market info databases and own knowledge of the Kenyan and East African Agchem and crop markets (in close cooperation with the R&D manager and local technical teams).
- Prepare marketing and launch plans for key products (existing and new) to ensure product sales targets are achieved; provides training to sales team on product positioning and launch communication plan.
- Defines and develops production promotions and campaigns in close cooperation with the sales team to drive seasonal sales of selected products.
- Support sales team in the relationship of key accounts by providing support and training on the commercial positioning of company’s product range
- Gathers and provides competitive intelligence to the commercial and technical teams.
- Works closely with Managing Director East Africa on strategic marketing projects incl. pricing, crop program development and go to market / distribution strategy.
- Manages and coordinates Kenya marketing budget and supports other countries in this area.
- Networks with relevant stakeholders to promote the comoany’s image and its sales
- Coordinate the entry of monthly sales forecasts of the Kenyan and Tanzanian office in Forecast Pro
- Marketing degree + Agronomy degree/background (latter is desirable, not required)
- Min. 3-5 years marketing experience ideally in agricultural, agrochemical and/or agri-input markets;
- Team management skills
- Excellent in using Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, etc)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial drive & action oriented (making things happen)
- Excellent project management skills
How to apply
To apply for this position send your CV to [email protected] quoting the position in the subject line.
Kindly also mention your preferred location, current/ last salary and benefits and attach a passport size photo in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted