Product Development Engineer Vacancy: Safaricom Kenya
Reporting to the Principal Product Development Engineer, the holder of the position will engage in activities relating to web & WAP-site development and evolution of the Safaricom data products including integration to business systems. Site development duties include but not limited to specification, design, development, validation, documentation and evolution of the applications and associated services; performance management; ensuring integrity of the services; maintenance and fault management; and research on new software technologies.
- Developing service sites including integrating to business systems and reporting as per specification from business units ;
- Creating or editing images and graphics for website use;
- Determining all coding requirements for site creation including: e-commerce capability, forms and specialized scripts.
- Creating templates of approved website layout;
- Coding web & WAP-sites;
- Maintaining and enhancing web & WAP-sites
- Liaise with network administrators and information security ensure site integrity;
- Track software advisories and releases to ensure site integrity;
- Regular evaluation & recommendation report on site performance;
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in software development;
- Software development knowledge and experience: Software Development Process (requirements, design, implementation, review and testing) and Software Revision Control
- Web applications frameworks: Java(Spring, Struts), PHP
- Knowledge of web design software: Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of relational databases: Oracle, MySQL
- Proactive, analytical, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and good organization skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Monday, 10th October, 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: [email protected]