Procurement Vacancy in Kenya – Manager Nairobi
Procurement Manager Job in Kenya
Administer procurement activities delivered through the stores function for the provision of goods and services to meet the needs of the company
Coordination of stores and store/purchasing staff and activities.
Monitor and maintain key supplier agreements, identify and analyse new opportunities and seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
Provide support for fleet and plant management activities to achieve optimum value to Management.
- Provide a comprehensive stores and purchasing function to meet the needs of the business.
- Prompt and accurate processing of accounts associated with store and procurement activities.
- Efficient and timely procurement of goods and services.
- Tenders and contracts for the procurement of goods and services provide value to business and meet the needs of client
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide comprehensive stores and purchasing function to the business including:
- Supervision of store and yard staff.
- Ensure adequate supplies of day to day items required by the laboratories are held in store for issues when necessary.
- Provide maximum accountability for goods held in stock.
- Ensure store items are issued in a manner which provides maximum accountability of goods issued and works charged.
- Ensure adequate supply contracts are in place for items regularly used by Management to ensure maximum price competitive purchasing.
- Ensure materials, equipment and services are procured in accordance with standing contractual commitments made by management.
- Manage stores systems to ensure prompt attention to accounting queries.
- Manage inventory control.
- Assist with payments of creditor’s accounts and resolution of accounts related issues.
- Ensure that stores are balanced and reconciled with accounting records on a regular basis.
- Monitor and make recommendations to rationalise key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Accurate record keeping associated with goods and services ordering, and the receipt and issue of stores and tools.
- Collect, maintain and analyse data relating to procurement activities.
- Identify core purchasing processes and practices and make recommendations which minimise business expenditure on goods and services.
- Administer systems and procedures and make recommendations for implementation and review.
- Administer the orderly control of goods and materials in the stores/laboratories.
- Ensuring stores are kept in a neat, tidy and safe manner at all times.
- Obtain quotes and compile comparable prices to facilitate the determination of future purchases.
- Assist with the development and administration of tenders and contracts for goods and services.
- Maintain tender/contract register.
- Evaluate and report on quotations and participate in tender document development and the tender assessment process.
- Compile relevant documentation and maintain the filing system of suppliers, products, and brochures.
- Ensure there is a fully traceable record in document management system of all relevant correspondence and documents relating to the procurement function.
Maintain and nurture contact and working relations with all department heads and store keepers.
Maintains and nurtures professional working relationship with suppliers and government and quasi-government agencies
Have authority to deicide on basic IT issues and decide on purchasing of basic PCs and related equipment.
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and electronic.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and data entry.
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems and purchasing procedures.
- Knowledge of computerised and paper systems for management of stores, purchasing, creditors and job costing.
- Familiarity with tendering and contract management processes.
- Experience in procurement practices, stores management, tender management and evaluation and contract management.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Familiar with the configuration and design of storage systems and manual handling systems for stores functions
- Pays attention to details
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability and plan and execute plans
- Ability to liaise and work with other divisions, departments and employees
- Ability to communicate convincingly and persuasively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to team outcomes.
- Trust worthy and ability to exercise a great deal of confidentiality in operations.
- Effective people skills.
- Basic qualification in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
- Must be familiar with the Public Procurement Act of Kenya.
Salary Range: 120k – 180k
Availability: As soon as possible