Procurement Assistant – NGO Kenya
Category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Procurement Assistant at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a start-up NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture
Function: Finance & Logistics
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job Location: Rural Kenya
Commitment: Long Term Career PositionOrganization Description
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.Job Description
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; we are seeking an individual to take position in the organization as Procurement Assistant.
One Acre Fund is looking for young, hardworking, and talented candidates who are committed to making a difference in farmers’ lives.Contract details: Permanent and subject to performance Candidate Profile
Interested Applicants must meet the following criteria and requirements (all of equal importance):
- Completion and good results in high school and college
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle a demanding, pressurized environment
- Ability to seek solutions to challenging problems, and requests
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, and customer service skills
- Strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
Procurement Assistant Roles and Responsibilities
- Record purchase requests from various districts and departments in OAF Kenya
- Solicit market prices and bids from vendors for approval before order placement
- Place purchase orders and follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Quality check item quality and quantity upon initial receive of delivery
- Update and improve vendor database
- Prepare and submit documentation for payment approval and for filing
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadershipskills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
The Procurement Assistant will work in our Bungoma office.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Performance based bonuses, airtime and small transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund Kenya is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men of integrity are invited to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] (Subject line: Procurement Assistant + the place you heard of the position) plus your salary expectation
Application End date is 28th June 2013 at 5pm