PR & Communications Job in Kenya
PR & Communications Senior Associate Job in Kenya
Job Holder: Vacant
Department: Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Reports To: Manager – Investor Relations
Job Purpose: The main role of this position is to manage an organization’s reputation with the public in general, oversees the efforts of his team in maintaining a favorable image of the company in the world of business.
Dimensions: The position supervises 1 people
Nature & Scope: The position reports to Manager, Investor relations.
The jobholder is responsible for the management of the brand and corporate communications programmes in order to ensure that the brand equity, market share as well as share price grows.
- Maintain excellent relations with media houses and ensure adequate corporate visibility and coverage of all events sponsored by British-American.
- Organize the Group’s representation in functions
- Maintain a strong relationship with the external stakeholders, government agencies and regulatory bodies
- Prepare media briefings, speeches, arrange interviews, reports and other communication for corporate management and directors
- Design and implement both external and internal communication strategy.
- Liaise with media, advertising and PR agencies
- Develop and maintain the company’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Manage communications budgets.
- Manage special events such as sponsorships, launches or any other activities the firm supports in order to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Confer with human relations managers to develop internal communications that keep employees informed of company activities.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs
- Formulate policies and procedures related to public information programs.
- Respond to requests for information about employers’ activities or status.
- Ensure that all brand assets are effectively managed to deliver a strong Company brand and grow brand equity.
- Facilitate consumer relations, or the relationship between parts of the company such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.
- Maintain company archives.
- Manage in-house communication.
- Produce films and other video products, regulate their distribution, and operate film library.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect employers and investors.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds; develop policies for collection and safeguarding of
- contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds. E.g. Company Foundation
- Responsible for event management and corporate sponsorship activities including corporate brand advertising, sponsorships and all CSR activities
- Responsible for the development of a well structured CSR programme that supports our vision, mission and values.
- Assist the business units to live the values, culture and practice company policies.
- Top of mind brand awareness
- Brand internalization successfully implemented
- Effective execution of communication strategy
- Well managed PR programmes
- Well established CSR agenda
- Well maintained company image
- Working within budgets
- Improved share price
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or social sciences
- MBA in marketing, PR and brand management
- Professional marketing qualification e.g. CIM or equivalent
- 5years experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with employees and establish credibly across all levels in the organization
- Ability to interact and gain trust from people within and outside the organization
- Strong influence skills, drive and commercial instincts
- Flexibility and adaptability