Postal Corporation of Kenya: Assistant Manager/Legal
Postal Corporation of Kenya is fully owned by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament. Core business portfolio is designed to ensure that Kenyans and by extension all citizens of the world have access to communication as a fundamental human right.
PCK has put in place a strategic business plan to ensure efficient delivery of services and improvement of the corporate image. The corporation is managed by professionals and dynamic team with the objective of driving the corporation to meet its objectives.
Department: Corporation Secretary
Location: Nairobi Posta House
Reporting to: Manager/Legal Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide in-house legal advice to the Corporation
- Preparation of Leases, Contracts and other in-house documents.
- Assist in carrying out Legal Audits.
- Liaising with external lawyers on the Corporation’s legal matters.
- Assist in ensuring safe custody of Corporation’s assets and other security documents.
- Assist in ensuring that the Corporation complies with all relevant legislation and legal requirements.
- Be conversant in litigation, insurance matters, and registration of copyrights, patents and trademarks.
- Participation in preparation of budget and ensuring effective control.
- Preparing legal reports and advisories on key legal issues.
- Participating in review and formulation of legal policies and practices.
- Conducting internal training on legal matters.
- Any other legal and administrative duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a recognized university
- Certified Public Secretary CPS (K), (shall be an added advantage)
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- Five (5) years relevant legal experience in a busy law firm that practices both litigation and commercial law or similar experience at a state corporation.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in report writing and presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, of high integrity and professionalism.
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking ability, have well developed negotiation and influencing skills, be attentive to detail and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the specified minimum requirements should submit a written application and up-dated Curriculum Vitae through the post and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials to the Postmaster General, P. O. Box 34567 – 00100 Nairobi to reach him not later than 24th September, 2010. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.