Plant and Equipment Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 15, 2014
A well established Design and Construction company with projects in various parts of the country seeks to recruit a qualified Plant and Equipment Manager.
He/She will form part of an existing team in providing the following:
- Overall supervision of Plant & Equipment department to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Implement overall preventive and predictive maintenance programmes on regular basis.
- Examine the conditions of existing machinery and equipment on a regular basis and decide maintenance needs required.
- Spotting and solving problems in equipment and vehicles.
- Overseeing the work of maintenance technicians/mechanics to ensure that maintenance works is done with quality in mind.
- Supervise drivers to ensure performance and timely resolution of issues
- Preparing maintenance budgets.
- Ensuring that safety standards are maintained in the plant, equipment and vehicle operations at all times.
- Coordinating disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Implementation and enforcement of company policies related to asset/equipment management.
- Keep organized records of all maintenance works
- Review & recommend suppliers of plant and equipment and maintain their database.
- Maintain a database of all equipment and vehicles.
- Regular tracking of movement of all equipment and provide timely legal documentation as required.
- Advice the management on transport and equipment issues.
- Minimum-Diploma in Plant Engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in fleet and equipment management and hands on experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
Applications and CV indicating Current and Expected Salary, should be submitted preferably via email to:
or P.O. Box 16491 – 00100 Nairobi, on or before 17th January, 2014.
About US: DDBL was founded in May 2002 and is the pioneer provider of design and build services in Kenya. Our service is known for excellence. We have been quite successful in turn key projects offering Architectural services, Building construction, Road Construction, Water & Sanitation, Electrical & Power and civil works.