Pharmaceuticals and Supplements Job in Kenya
Pharmaceuticals and Supplements Distributor Business Development Manager Job in Kenya
Representing some of the world’s most reputable manufacturers, the company handles in excess of 1,000 SKU’s and supplies key retailers and pharmacies across the country.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving growth, by developing and implementing an effective sales and marketing system that will include: brand promotion, medical detailing and distribution.
- Draw up a sales, marketing and distribution strategy aimed at delivering company business goals.
- Gather market data including market size, trends, competitive activity and use these to develop sales and revenue projections and a comprehensive business plan for the company.
- Develop and implement sales processes and systems, including distribution, promotion and performance reporting.
- Recruit and provide ongoing training for the medical representatives to ensure that they possess sufficient medical and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Set targets for the team, monitor their performance and take action to remedy underperformance and manage the incentive system.
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the Medial Representatives.
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling.
- Make presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector or at medical conferences.
- Build and regularly update a database of business contacts, to facilitate easy communication and the sharing of information.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations.
- Handle regulatory affairs, including product registration, management of relationships with relevant Government bodies, including the PPB.
This position will suit an individual with proven experience in Pharma Marketing and capabilities in Regulatory Affairs including product registration will be a definite plus.
- Degree/Diploma in a science related field such as Pharmacy, Biology or Chemistry.
- Have a track record of launching new products into the Pharma market and experience of medical detailing.
- Have a long list of contacts within the medical field, including clinics, hospitals and pharmacies.
- People management and supervisory skills.
- A capacity to work with minimal supervision.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.