PayGate East Africa IT Support /Software Developer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Configuration of client’s equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router (Dialup/DSL customers only).
- Configure software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all product-specific technical systems problems.
- Verify proper installation and configuration of the system.
- Development and management of the company website and undertaking all aspects of the site management including content uploading/editing, day-to-day site maintenance and managing 3rd party content
- Designing web content including banners, buttons, pages and mini-sites within the site
- Attending to any other tasks assigned by Management
- Excellent server management skills
- Excellent knowledge of office suites of software (Microsoft, Open Office)
- Excellent database knowledge and management skills
- Excellent knowledge of web-based content management systems,
- Web design skills, including HTML, PHP, MySQL
- Good team working skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good ability to perform accurate hardware/software troubleshooting
- Understanding of audio visual equipment’ setup
- Basic knowledge of web applications and Telephone systems
- Minimum of a degree/diploma in Information Technology
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an IT Support Technician
- Proficient in programming with PHP/MYSQL
- Have a good working knowledge of the local e- commerce industry
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
Note: Competitive salary package with benefits will be offered, while those with programming experience (PHP/MYSQL) will have an added advantage.