PayGate East Africa Fraud / Risk Analyst Job in Nairobi, Kenya
PayGate EA is an international payment gateway that facilitates and, secures online cards payments.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations; To develop risk analytics and risk operations processes within PayGate’s global e-commerce risk mitigation operations, specifically focused on building and streamlining rules and strategies to detect and mitigate online fraud, protect consumers, merchants, and financial partners from fraudulent schemes and attacks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze trends, patterns from large or ad hoc data sets and build rules and strategies to improve efficiency in the fraud detection process.
- Follow daily controls to detect, monitor, investigate and report fraudulent activity and take appropriate action
- Continuously optimise fraud risk assessment criteria to maximise fraud prevention without negatively affecting good customers. Update documentation with reasoning and test results data as appropriate
- Review and take action while identifying trends that can enhance automation and review criteria
- Identify and build metrics for KPI’s, reports and dashboards to monitor performance
- Manage communication with fraud agents, supervisors and QA contacts to drive towards prioritization and execution, including meeting SLAs related to fraud events, review time frames and overall performance
- Expand/develop Incident Response management processes
- Maintain a log of Fraud escalations when they occur.
- Drive the development of the company’s online payments anti-fraud strategy.
- Perform payment enquiries with 3rd party payment service providers.
- Attending to any other tasks assigned by Management
- Minimum 6 months of relevant anti-fraud experience in a global ecommerce/payments environment.
- Previous experience with fraud risk management tools a big advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Self-reliant, accurate, loyal and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize Critical thinking to identify and solve problem
- Strong understanding of card not present fraud and risk management for both digital/virtual goods and physical goods
- Understanding of the online payments landscape
- Knowledge of mobile and multi-channel commerce solutions is a plus
Note: Competitive salary package with benefits will be offered, while those with Banking/Analytical/Fraud practical experience will have an added advantage.