Path Kenya recruits Drivers
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
PATH seeks to recruit Kenyan nationals to fill vacant driver positions. The driver will provide administrative support to the project including transportation, vehicle maintenance, and others as assigned.
Specific duties include:
- Drive staff, project partners, counterparts and consultants to project sites, workshops, meetings, including various events in and around the country.
- Run office errands such as document delivery, mailing, banking, customs clearance, bills payment, office supply, shopping, delivering print materials and supply pick up.
- Perform or schedule maintenance services and ensure that the project vehicles are clean and in proper working order.
- Follow-up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses and make recommendations to the Site Administrator for necessary actions.
- Ensure vehicles have adequate petrol at all times using the office account and or petty cash and maintain the driver’s log book.
- Assist in workshop/training materials preparation and photocopying.
- Assist with general office work as assigned.
Minimum O level qualification, aggregate of D+
Driving course. Intensive driving training from NYS is an added advantage
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; ability to drive vehicle classes BCE
A certificate of good conduct from the police is a must. A person of proven Integrity.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a pleasant, accommodating approach.
Strong organizational skills.
A minimum of 4 years of driving experience
Knowledge of Kenyan highways and terrain. Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the highway code
Must have a through knowledge of Nairobi City and its environs.
Must have basic working knowledge / skills in mechanics and vehicle maintenance – Ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle
S/he must be ready to make long distance trips
Click on the link above, then click on Africa, Administrative and then Driver (4193) to view Job and apply online