Panda Development Company Electrical Engineer Job in Naivasha, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 14, 2014
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Work Type Full Time
Salary Not specified
Panda Development Company Limited is searching for qualified individuals.
Scope: Electrical Engineer
Candidates should be fluent in English and Kiswahili
Qualifications and skills
- A detailed understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, EE systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
- Specify system component or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Engineering tasks (with varying responsibilities dependent upon project magnitude and experience) include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design drafting of construction documents using AutoCAD/Relevant Software
- Lighting and power circuitry
- Voltage calculations and conductor sizing
- Short circuit calculations
- Lighting layouts, fixture specifications, schedules and calculations: lighting control.
- Electrical distribution design and single line preparation
- Utility coordination
- Fire alarm system design and layout
- Low voltage system layouts including data, communications, sound, security.
- Preparation of specifications
- Emergency and life safety systems.
- Facilitate problem solving, as many arise, between EE Subcontractors during construction.
- Validate design issues related to EE and suggest alternative solutions.
- Assist in the receipt and review of EE submittals.
- Log and post all EE changes and as-built information on field drawings
- Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change work order.
- Assist in the installation of EE work.
- Director, monitor and control the activities of EE subcontractor.
- Coordination and administration of EE related materials, systems and shop drawings submittals.
- Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Ensure that MEP subcontractors provide and adhere to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Ensure that EE Subcontractors adheres to project safety regulations.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment.
Key skills for Electrical engineer
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electrical University degree in Engineering/HND in relevant Field
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications and schematically associated with trade.
- 5 years of construction experience with working knowledge
- Construction procedures and practices
- Computer literate, strong knowledge in CAD and Relevant design software
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and CV’s stating their current and expected salary to us not later than 16th January 2014.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject of the application email.