Packaging Systems Manufacturer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: Accountancy Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jul 4, 2013
Our client, a multinational manufacturer and distributor of packaging systems such as Plastic Strapping systems and coding equipment is seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant.
The ideal candidate should have a strong Manufacturing background.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Processing supplier invoices
- Preparing manufacturing accounts
- Ensuring V.A.T returns, N.S.S.F, N.H.I.F and P.A.Y.E are filed before due date
- Monitoring and reviewing of outstanding invoices with prompt resolution of queries
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are filed accurately and timely
- Verifying and reconciling petty cash claims to ensure correct usage, accountability and accurate reimbursements
- Assisting in the preparation of bank reconciliations
- Preparing end month reconciliations and other reports
- Preparing monthly accounts P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow statements from trial balance by the 5th of the next month.
- Handling payroll preparation and Management
- Evaluating financial viability of business opportunities identified
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA Section 2 and above
- Proven background in manufacturing industry
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting
- Working experience in Sage Pastel, Quick Books, Tally, SAP, Ms Office
- Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure
- High levels of integrity and customer service
- Superior financial controls and accounts preparation skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before Wednesday 17th July, 2013.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.