PACE Volunteer Job Vacancy Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 28, 2013
PACE Volunteer Opportunity
As part of the PACE team, under the general direction of the Volunteer Coordinator, with support from the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant helps plan and participates in classroom, playground and PACE activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. The candidate must have successfully completed form four or be a college or University student
3. The candidate must commit to being part of the program for a six month period
4. Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community
- Understand the role of a teaching assistant and perform duties related to this role while in school.
- With the teacher, guide and facilitate activities of the children, including: daily activities, field trips, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom
- Write weekly observations about the interactions with the schools, teachers and students
- Guide the children’s acquisition of social skills
- Attend staff training and meetings, and other relevant meetings if requested
- Assist in providing and maintaining a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate environment for the children
- Assist in recruiting and orienting incoming volunteers, providing them with guidance as needed
- Assist the teacher in the completion of required reports and duties
- Complete timely and accurate time sheets and weekly reports
- Assist, as requested, in transition activities of the organization
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the PACE Volunteer Manual if required by the organization
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
This volunteer program will take place from September 2nd, 2013 through December 20th, 2013.
Internship applications will be accepted until September 15th, 2013.
The internship is unpaid.
The PACE Office is located at Agip House Nairobi.
Applicants should fill the form in the link below and contact [email protected] with attention to Pauline Muthoni, Director of Development.
Click Here to Download the Application Form