Outreach Team Leaders – Marie Stopes Kenya
Marie Stopes Kenya Outreach Team Leaders / Nurses Jobs in Migori, Kisii, Meru, Eldoret, Kitale, Muranga, Naivasha and Machakos Kenya
Overall Responsibility of the Post:
Key Direct Responsibilities:
1. Client care:
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude.
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients.
- To implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimise client waiting times.
- To monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary.
- To provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (ie expired stock) and stock outs are minimised.
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision.
- To provide all of the following clinical services to a consistently high standard and in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols:
- All methods of short and long-term contraceptive methods, including injections, implants and IUDs.
- Removal of implants and IUDs where required.
- Assistance with tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
- Cervical screening, STI screening and treatment and VCT.
- To conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required.
- To carry out all nursing procedures (as laid down in the procedure manual).
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control measures.
- To ensure instruments are appropriately sterilised and stored in compliance with infection control protocols.
- To order medical supplies and consumables in good time to avoid shortage.
- To ensure proper storage of medical supplies.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- To attend clinical training and supervision as required.
- To ensure accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- To ensure all client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- To provide accurate, timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- To analyse activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- To assist in the collection of client feedback data.
- To fully participate in planned promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders.
- To positively promote Marie Stopes Kenya as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services.
- Undertake annual work planning in liaison with the Outreach Manager.
- Undertake monthly planning and reviews of performance with the outreach team;
- Induct, train and support new outreach team members following Marie Stopes Kenya procedures and with support from the Outreach Manager and People and Development Department.
- Manage team to include motivation, supervision, personal development, performance reviews, and dealing with minor disciplinary issues;
- To conduct annual performance reviews of team members
- Facilitate team participation in district trainings as appropriate
- Review outreach on-going training needs in liaison with Outreach Manager, Training manager and People and Development Manager.
- Refer major problems of motivation and discipline to Outreach Manager and consequently People and Development Manager;
- Hold regular team meetings to communicate information from Support Office and to discuss outreach issues and feed back any concerns or new ideas to Support Office.
- Ensure teams are neat and tidy in appearance and uniform is worn correctly
- Ensure good time keeping by outreach team members.
- Work closely with medical officers over technical issues
- To ensure team compliance with Marie Stopes Kenya clinical guidelines and other standard operating procedures.
- To attend regular supervisory meetings with the Outreach Manager
- To actively contribute to achieving the outreach team targets set by Marie Stopes Kenya.
- To attend & contribute to team meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- To continuously strive to improve client satisfaction and deliver client-focussed, high quality care.
- To support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as required.
- Marie Stopes Kenya nursing and midwifery staff are expected to observe the relevant code of conduct for nurses and midwives in Kenya in regard to professional and ethical conduct.
- All clinical care must be provided in accordance with the highest standards of clinical care and safety.
- You must observe high standards of personal grooming and general hygiene and ensure your appearance is neat & tidy at all times whilst on duty.
- You are expected to wear the Marie Stopes Kenya uniform.
- You are expected to act professionally at all times, maintaining excellent client-focussed care especially when circumstances are challenging
- You are expected to act with financial integrity at all time. Marie Stopes Kenya has a zero-tolerance approach to fraudulent activities, including siphoning of clients for personal financial gain.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN) – essential
- Additional qualification in Midwifery/Gynaecology, Family Planning and STI
- Management – desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of providing contraceptive services including long-term methods (implants and IUDs) – essential
- Experience of performing cervical cancer screening – desirable.
- Experience of supervising teams – essential.
- High regard for confidentiality
- Excellent communicator – both written and spoken
- Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services.
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and management of clients
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain clam under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs.
- Self confident
- Hard Working
- Willing to develop new skills
- Pro-choice i.e. committed to Marie Stopes Kenya’s mission of children by choice not chance
Marie Stopes Kenya
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject as “OUTREACH TEAM LEADER/NURSE”
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer