OSIEA Food Security Programme Assistant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 30, 2014
Position Available: Food Security Programme Assistant
Search Closes: Feb 28, 2014
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We seek a dynamic, creative and committed programme assistant to provide logistic, administrative and program assistance to a new Food Security Programme which covers Eastern Africa.
The position reports to the OSIEA food security programme officer and works ¡n collaboration with several other Open Society programs working in the region.
The Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa promotes vibrant, tolerant democracies in the region by awarding grants, developing programs, and bringing together diverse civil society leaders and groups.
- Logistic Support: Schedule meeting requests; photocopy, answer e-mail and phone inquiries; schedule travel arrangements, take minutes for meetings; draft correspondence; and organize conference calls
- Grants Management: Assist programme officer to finalize, input and track grant applications, and to maintain working relationships with grantees
- Finance: Track program spending. Process bills, monthly credit card reports, and reimbursement requests; Prepare consultancy contracts, process consultants’ expense reports, and coordinate consultants’ travel needs
- Ability to manage multiple liaisons within OSI EA and the larger Open Society Foundations network in a fast paced environment
- Proven commitment to the protection of human rights in the East African region.
- Previous work on food security strongly preferred
- Minimum five years prior experience in an administrative/coordination role.
- Experience with experience proposal writing and review preferred
- Extensive computer skills (expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and databases required) and ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse array of people
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think strategically
- Team spirit and respectful working and decision-making style
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Integrity, diplomatic manner and professional discretion essential
- Willingness to travel as needed
At OSIEA, all staff are expected to work at integrating the organizational values into the performance of their duties and tasks on a daily basis and by participating in in-house working groups designed to uphold the values and foster healthy inter-office communication.
For more information: www.soros.org
Compensation: Competitive salary, with good benefits package
No phone calls, please.
Only successful candidates will be contacted