Orange Telkom Offers Marketing Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 4, 2014
Position: Offers Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer
Department: Marketing & Strategy
Role Purpose: Responsible of the operational roadmap execution in order to achieve the mass market revenue targets
- Consolidate in liaison with other commercial departments a monthly operational plan summarizing the commercial activities of the month: product launches, promotional activities, communication, PR, sales and field activities, commercial budget
- Follow-up the commercial execution and ensure activities are carried on according to the plan and targets achieved
- Set revenue targets as well as qualitative targets for the variable pay of product managers
- Follow the product manager individual dashboards
- Assess on a monthly basis the product managers’ performance
- Ensure internal coordination with:
- Customer Care to ensure that enquiries/complaints are streamlined to product managers for resolution
- Mass Market Sales for collection of feedbacks and results from the field Technical site surveys for transmission network.
- Setup bi-yearly Key Individual Objectives (KIOs) with the direct reports to agree on the individual targets for the 6 months to come.
- Review and assess the achievements versus targets in individual meetings maximum 2 weeks before the end of the period.
- Setup monthly targets for staff having a variable pay based on performance and assess the performance.
- Follow-up the actions list for the Offer section and ensure timely delivery with the required level of quality.
- Escalate to the head of department any relevant issue coming from the staff
- Organize a weekly meeting with the direct reports to review the ongoing projects
- Review job descriptions of the Offers section when needs arise
- Ensure a proper induction of new staff joining the Offers section
- Collect and propose training wishes and needs
- Propose a career path based on the colleague’s expectations and the company’s policy
- Ensure that the Offers staff is working in comfortable and in efficient working conditions
- Inputs for the monthly Investment Committee for the commercial budget
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- B.Com/Bachelors Science Degree in Business / Marketing or a finance discipline
- 5-7 years of hands on experience in Marketing
- Very developed commercial acumen to coordinate the execution of commercial operational plans
- Creative in developing new axis of business development
- Strong coordination skills, to be able to efficiently follow-up actions plans involving several stakeholders
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels of the organization both within Marketing function as well as outside (Sales, Finance, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required to communicate analysis, findings and recommendations to internal customers
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent communication / presentation skills (oral & written)
- Management experience with high coaching skills
- Sound Communication skills
- Self Motivated
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 6th February 2014, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through www.orange-tkl.co.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.