Orange Telkom External Communications Manager Job in Kenya
Role Purpose: The purpose of this position is to enhance Telkom Kenya’s relations with all key media houses in the country as well as improve Telkom Kenya’s stakeholder relations and engagements.
- Oversee publicity for and orchestration of corporate events and press conferences, taking the lead with the business’s PR Agency to develop all Corporate Communication material, as well as confirm on the accuracy of all material set for external dissemination;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key local and in some cases international media; personally and via the PR Agency;
- Ability to strategically articulate products and solutions of the business and prepare appropriate write-ups and dissemination of news quality items to all target publics and stakeholders;
- Ensure the existence of smooth relations between the business and key stakeholder organisations and regulatory bodies where need arises;
- Coordinate all corporate events, ensuring that they conform to the approved business standard and assist in the preparation of all Communication material for the same, as well as all other meetings and seminars where the business may be a participant;
- Take the lead with the business’s PR Agency to ensure strategic and effective coverage of the business in the targeted media (both traditional and new);
- Ensure quality when it comes to the content, look and feel of the business’s Corporate Website;
- Continuously monitor global and local trends, review policies and objectives that impact the business – Market intelligence.
- Coordinate preparatory activities for the business and liaise with other departments concerning participation in meetings or international and local conferences;
- Work closely with other managers (within and without the Department) to develop potential story ideas and communication projects in order to enhance the image of the company and its employees with customers and the general public;
- Establish objectives in line with organisational and departmental objectives, supervise, and ensure proper follow up of direct reports in this regard;
- Have regular and efficient feedback and reporting mechanisms within the section and with the rest of the Corporate Communications department.
- Should have at least a minimum of 4 years work experience in a busy Corporate Communications office as a Corporate Communications Manager, or as an Account Manager with a proven track record from an established PR Agency; most preferably part of a multi-national Agency;
- Very good Computer skills (Design and Graphic skills are a plus);
- Training in Crisis Management;
- Integrated PR skills;
- Should be able to demonstrate experience in media management;
- Should be able to demonstrate that they are an active member of the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK).
- Leadership skills are a must
- Customer focus
- Compliance with deadlines and budgets
- Creativity and innovation
- Anticipation/ pre-emption
- Organisational awareness
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Well networked (in context of role)
- Excellent at strategy formulation
- Efficient budget planning and management
- Editorial competencies and experience are a must
- Mastery of the English and Swahili languages is required