Operations Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Position: Operations Manager
Report To: Directors
Job Scope: The operations manager will be expected to drive the firms operations by working closely with line managers in stores, finance, sales, and administration departments.
He/she provides leadership and will ensure that proper systems and procedures are in place to streamline operations.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Create & develop innovative ways of streamlining the operations processes wherever possible within the guidelines of customer requirements & team goals.
- Managing the delivery/dispatch function.
- Verifying each dispatched goods for type, quality and quantity.
- Ensures inventory accuracy of goods being delivered to be as per invoice and client LPO and also verifies accuracy of physical inventory before dispatching goods
- Provide exceptional customer service by developing good working relationships with the customers.
- Ensuring deliveries are made on time and to the right people by the couriers and drivers.
- Proactively handle customer complaints on deliveries.
- Resolve customer problems & complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Managing the Inventory function/stores management- ensuring that products are stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s stock inventory is accurate both physically and as per the Erp System.
- Maintain safety of stocks by implementing measures to prevent threat, breakages, damages and fires.
- Ensure orderly stores physical arrangements for ease of storage, retrieval and to avoid accidents (damages and breakages).
- Monitor stock being taken out of the stores by ensuring that official approval documents are provided at every release of the stocks.
- Human resource- carries out recruitment, training and performance appraisals of junior workers in the operations department. Also handle minor disciplinary issues and grievances in the department
- Supervision- Supervise line supervisors and other junior workers and coordinate business processes and organize for brief weekly meetings with supervisors to encourage team work.
- Ensuring that the department has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve operation targets.
- Coordination- Ensure that the department works hand in hand with the sales department to the goal of client satisfaction.
- Communicating with all the relevant people / depts and co-coordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a supplies/ stores management/ logistics
- Five (5) years’ experience in operations management preferably in the hospitality industry
- Age 30 years and above
- Knowledge of stores procedures
- Degree/diploma in supplies/ stores management
- Very good communication skills (telephone and email) are essential
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Have good communication, report writing skills, leadership and decision making skills
- Able to supervise a large staff of middle management and support staff and to delegate work
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
Email: [email protected]