Operations Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
A local Company is looking for a motivated person with a commercial flair to fill the post of Operations Manager at its plant. The following are the requirements for the position;
To oversee operations of the Warehouse (stock), the Filling Unit, Fleet Unit, Delivery Unit, Accounts Unit and Security Unit and ensure coordination of these six functions effectively and efficiently with maximum utility of the workforce to support the achievement of Sales targets.
The post will serve a coordinating role between the plant and the head quarters functions.
Operations Manager Main Duties:
- Handle Fleet Management hence custodian of all the keys of the fleet at the Plant.
- Ensure that all vehicles are in operational level and operate efficiently on fuel consumption.
- Manage all repairs of the vehicles after seeking and getting approvals from the Management.
- Conduct checks to all vehicles ensuring that they are in good shape and meet the necessary traffic compliance rules.
- Ensure that all vehicles are fitted with fuel gauges and track system.
- Follow up and monitor the tracking system to ensure that vehicles routes are not abused and fuel consumption is utilized effectively for business purpose.
- Allocate drivers and turn boys to vehicles and ensure proper care of the vehicles when off to deliveries and when back from deliveries.
- Coordinate all activities of drivers especially truck drivers when travelling outside the country to fetch gas.
- Authorize all transport movements by signing the car logbook.
- Custodian duties of Accessories & Overseeing Stock
Custodian of the office keys.
- Safe keep of all the Plant stock i.e. accessories, grills, burners, etc.
- Safe keep of all stock records and ensure update of the levels of every stock.
- Ensuring that there are proper and accurate records of LPG Cylinders for both pool and the Company.
- Report the levels of LPG, accessories and the need for LPG cylinders for procurement purposes.
- Oversee activities of the filling unit
- Ensure that the Plant has enough numbers of Fillers and Loaders and Maximum utility of their services.
- Supervise the unloading of gas to ensure that LPG gas is completely downloaded to the Plant tanks and actual quantities taken and recorded.
- Ensure that orders are executed and done efficiently and in time daily.
- Reduce the number of pending orders.
- Ensure that Delivery targets are met daily
- Ensure “milk runs” are run efficiently as scheduled.
- Ensure that deliveries records are up to date and kept safely.
- Ensure that collections of monies from deliveries is handed over to the Accounts Section
Administration & Human Resources Management
- In-charge of attendance roster for the plant employees
- In charge of leave administration of the staff in the units under the POS.
- Ensure work Health and Safety matters are complied with.
- Ensure that employee discipline is maintained and escalate HR matters to the human Capital division
- Ensure procurement for office needs i.e. stationery, etc, is made on time.
- Knowledge and exposure: Financial and Strategic planning, Procurement, People Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Client Relationships, Creative Services and strong analytical and project management.
- have good knowledge of sales
- be an excellent communicator
- be able to respond well to pressure
- Strong Creative outlook
- think creatively
- be interested in what motivates people
- Confident and dynamic personality.
Requirements of the role
- Bachelor degree in a Business related field.
- Exposure to integrated systems such as ERP (procurement, human resources, accounting software and the like) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Supervision in a commercial environment
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Company, please send your covering letter and must indicate current and expected salary, availability, attach CV, scanned copies of your certificates and testimonials to the following address specifying the post applied for not later than 31st March 2014 ;
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address; [email protected]