Operations Manager – Coast Region Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
A leading fuel and dry cargo transporter in the East African region is looking for individuals to fill the position below.
Operations Manager – Coast Region
- The incumbent will be responsible for Planning, organizing directing and controlling the firm’s overall sales and marketing activities in the coast region
- Contribute to the positive image of the company and portray a positive image of the company, both internally and externally,
- Take ownership of staff induction, personal review programs, Departmental staff meetings and carrying out duties with full regard to the company’s rules, policies and procedures and conditions of service
- Initiate, Manage, direct and coordinate sales, marketing and promotional activities of the company in the furtherance of its strategic objectives.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Build key relationships with internal and external partners to further Increase the company’s market share.
- Liaise with the depot clerks to ensure efficient scheduling of trucks to achieve truck optimization;
- Ensuring adherence to contract terms for all transporters, contractors and other suppliers;
- Working closely with the Operations team on deliveries’ losses to ensure they are within acceptable tolerance levels;
- Ensuring that there are up to date route and site risk assessments for all customer locations;
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing Manager in evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor activities and implement marketing plans
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing Manager to identify customer/market needs and develop value propositions to meet the needs
- Define criteria and methodology to rate and target all market players
- Open up new markets in dry cargo and fuel transportation services and monitor growth progress
- Assessing the company’s capability to serve most attractive segment where the company will create most value for customers
- Increase market share in existing markets and maximizes new business development opportunities
- Manage all office operations
- Supervise depot clerks and other office staff
- Degree in Sales & Marketing or Business Management
- 8 years progressive work experience with the last years in sales and marketing or increasing sales volume or operations management
- Experience in Dry cargo and other associated logistics business in Mombasa
- Experience carrying out market survey in cargo handling
- Individual should have a good contact base in Mombasa
- Team player
- Excellent supervisory skills
Applicants who meet the above criteria can send their CVs to [email protected] on or before 20th December 2013.
All applicants should indicate their current salary details.
Applications without salary details will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.