Operands Systems IT Support Engineer Job in Kenya
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the position of IT Support Engineer for a contract period of one year renewable based on performance
This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
A good understanding of general IT services is required. “Smart Hands” services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide “eyes, hands and feet” in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys and basic printer support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD functions, including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Remedy ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Technology or Equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Dell Certified Technician for ordering parts through OEM and parts replacement added advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Intel Servers and Telecoms
- Strong interpersonal customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Ability to successfully pass a background security check
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Handling of Tape Media and basic Back-ups loading and loading techniques
- Rotational On-call for executive support