Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Systems Auditor
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Bungoma, Western Province (some travel to Nairobi)
Long-term Career Track Role
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff in Kenya.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking a Systems Auditor to help us ensure compliance within our various Systems departments: Logistics, Procurement, Print and Customer Engagement.
The role would require the individual to manage a number of tasks including help audit a number of warehouses, try to beat prices found by the procurement team, conduct surveys with farmers about their customer service experience and more!
The department is growing fast within One Acre Fund and there are opportunities for strong performing associates to quickly move into a leadership position.
This role would require strong critical thinking skills, a willingness to patiently communicate internally with directors and department managers as well as external vendors to help solve problems.
The position requires a person with a strong positive attitude and a desire to grow their career in the role.
Primary Duties of the System Auditor
- Accurately check and audit all financial and purchase requests
- Prepare and share reports on Audit findings with supervisor
- Assist in carrying out audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and adequacy of internal control
- Attend weekly meeting with supervisor to update on weekly progress
- Any other duty as called upon by the supervisor
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking professionals with one to two years of work experience.
S/he will demonstrate a long-term passion for agricultural development in Kenya and will be familiar with the challenges faced by smallholder farmers in Western Province.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organised and proactive;
Most of all, we are looking for candidates who have strong critical thinking skills, positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
More than anything, we are looking for candidates that are smart and have strong critical thinking ability!
Please apply if you fit these criteria:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution preferably Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Management and/ or related relevant academic qualifications.
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment such as government, business or NGO’s
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Bungoma for a long-term position
- Leadership and management experience at work or outside of work
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please highlight the following skills if you have them
- Experience in Auditing or similar roles
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by October 1st, 2013. We will begin interviews in October and plan to make an offer to begin immediately.
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Performance Based Incentives, airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to [email protected] (Subject line: Systems Auditor + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
Applicants who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.