Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Procurement Data Entry Clerk
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Bungoma, Western Province
Long-term Career Track Role
Organization Description: One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff in Kenya.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking a Procurement Data Entry Clerk to help us manage the information flow at the Procurement Department at OAF.
The role would require the individual to process procurement requests, create filing processes, ensure timely payments; conduct and quality check all data entry and provide excellent service to the various departments in OAF.
The department is growing fast within One Acre Fund and there are opportunities for a strong performing clerk to quickly move into an analyst position.
This role would require strong data entry skills, attention to detail, a willingness to patiently communicate internally with directors and department managers as well as external vendors to help solve problems.
The position requires a person with a strong positive attitude and a desire to grow their career in the role.
Primary Duties of the Procurement Data Entry Clerk
- Develop and execute filing systems for the procurement department for invoices, quotations, receipts and other documentation;
- Build and maintain relationships with the Finance team to process vendor payments;
- Carry out all data entry functions for the department;
- Be flexible and willing to learn and execute new systems and processes as needed;
- Provide accurate reports of tasks accomplished;
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking professionals some work experience.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organised and proactive; Most of all, we are looking for candidates who have strong critical thinking skills, positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Please apply if you fit these criteria:
- At least a Diploma from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment such as government, business or NGO’s
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Bungoma for a long-term position
- Leadership and management experience at work or outside of work
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Please highlight the following skills if you have them
- Experience in Data Entry
- Administrative experience
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by 11th February 2014. We will begin interviews in February and plan to make an offer to begin immediately.
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Performance Based Incentives, airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to [email protected] (Subject line: Procurement Data Entry Clerk + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
Applicants who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.