One Acre Fund Kenya Government Relations Analyst Kenya
One Acre Fund Kenya Government Relations Analyst Job in Nairobi or Kisumu Kenya
Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world.
One Acre Fund works closely with the local and national government in Kenya.
Our government relations team supports field operations to provide vital services to farmers. It also informs our wider policy, communications and outreach work.
We are seeking a Kenya Government Relations Analyst to help manage our growing local government relations work and support our long term policy objectives.
- Oversee a team of four local government relations staff that cover fifteen counties in western Kenya
- Enhance quarterly reports, organised field visits, and overall local government outreach
- Develop the capacity of our local government team through detailed work planning, strategic thinking, skills training, and mentoring
- Strengthen 1AF relations with senior leadership in priority county governments
- Maintain 1AF relations with key agricultural sector actors such as regulators, research institutions, donor programs, partner organizations, and local media
- Support 1AF relations with national government figures, organizations, regulators and researchers
- Interpret and explain policies and laws applicable to 1AF field operations
- Produce publications for media, conferences, and 1AF stakeholders
- Research and analyze policy issues at local and national levels affecting Kenya’s agricultural sector
- Write a weekly agricultural sector ‘sit-rep’ summarizing key regional news stories of interest to 1AF
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2 – 4+ years of work experience.
- Management experience: include evidence of how you grew and developed a team of people
- Strong work experiences: we are looking for a former policy professional, economist, management consultant, or lawyer; entrepreneurial and unstructured work experiences are also helpful
- Leadership experiences: demonstrated at work or outside of work
- Top-performing undergraduate: please include GPA and test scores on your resume
- Humility and personal stability: we are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Professional skills: high levels of proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- East Africa experience: a proven understanding of the political, social, and economic situation in Kenya and the region
- Languages: English and Kiswahili required
Compensation: Starts modest and lower than traditional development salaries, however this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a sustainable salary for long–term commitment.
Benefits: Health cover, two international flights per year (or equivalent benefit) and 30 days annual leave
Career Development: Bi-annual management consulting-style career reviews and significant investment in career development from your manager.
1. Click Apply Below
2. Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] (Subject line: “Kenya Government Relations Analyst Search” + name of the site that referred you).
3. If you are a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS)