One Acre Fund Jobs Kenya – Expense Audit Manager
Category: Finance Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 2, 2013
One Acre Fund Expense Audit Manager Job in Kenya
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture
Function: Finance System Support
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Expense Audit Manager
Job Location: Rural Kenya
Commitment: Long Term Career PositionOrganization Description
One Acre Fund is a start-up NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In five years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.Job Description
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; we are seeking individuals to take position in the organization as an Expense Audit Manager. One Acre Fund is looking for experiences, talented and candidates who are committed to making a difference in farmers’ lives.Contract details: Permanent subject to Performance
- Committed, focused and determined to succeed in life.
- Good computer keyboard skills- Proficient in excel
Primary Duties of Expense Audit Manager
- Manage a team of up to 4 internal auditors to ensure budget requests are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Manage Fraud Specialist to ensure fraud cases are followed to appropriate outcomes
- Design and execute audit tests in compliance with conventional auditing guidelines.
- Manage and carry out audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and the adequacy of internal controls.
- Ensure the Organizations’ policy manuals are strictly adhered to.
- Prepare reports on audit findings for sharing with the management team.
- Provide workable solutions, guidance on process improvement and best practices.
- Follow up audit recommendations to ensure timely implementation and action on corrective measures to mitigate identified risks.
- CPA K or ACCA qualification, preferred.
- At least 5 years working experience in a Micro Finance company preferably in the in Audit/Accounts Department.
- Proficiency of MS office and Accounting package. ACCA qualification.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
- Very good computer skills required
- Soft skills and personal work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage a team-based approach
- The ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- A logical mind with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively.
- Good organizational skills
- To be honest, discreet and trustworthy.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- An eye for detail.
The candidate should be willing to reside in the western and Nyanza regions of Kenya.
Preferred Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Time Line: Resumes should be submitted by 15th June 2013
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: Performance based bonuses, airtime and small transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development
One Acre Fund Kenya is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men of integrity are invited to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email cover letter and resume [email protected] (Subject line: Expense Audit Manager + the place you heard of the position) and Salary ExpectationCandidates who previously applied for this position need not re-apply