One Acre Fund Job Western Kenya – Warehouse Associate
Posted: Jul 21, 2013
One Acre Fund Warehouse Associate Job in Western Kenya
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Logistics, Management, Auditing
Title: Warehouse Associate
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Western Kenya
Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is an agricultural non-profit operating in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families grow their way out of poverty.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” including education, finance, farm inputs, health products, and market access.
Our program has proven impact – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure a more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff.
Last season our Kenyan logistics department delivered over 6 million kgs of inputs to our farmers.
This season will be even larger!
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking Warehouse Associates who will manage our warehouses throughout Western Kenya, tracking inventory and deliveries, managing casuals, keeping materials organized and serving our field operations.
- Inventory Management – managing deliveries and transfers of goods from suppliers and to other warehouses. Responsible for maintaining accurate records using stock cards and an MS Access database.
- Responsible for opening and locking of the ware house
- Organize all inventory per established warehouse layout. Make sure all walkways within the warehouse are clear and all inputs are clearly labeled by name and size
- Making sure at all times the warehouse is ready and in order for physicals counts by the internal auditors.
- Responsible for receiving official OAF visitors to the warehouses e.g (OAF Donors)
- Facilitate through the Logistics manager the renewal of lease agreements with NCPB
- Receive and prepare invoices from NCPB and put up payment request quarterly.
- Safe keeping of stock cards, delivery notes and truck management sheets.
- Submit scanned stock cards to Headquarters office every week
- Submit monthly reports on all the Warehouses stock movement
If you have skills and experience in these areas, please highlight them in your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that employees are passionate about.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a minimum of two years of work experience and a passion for sustainable agricultural development in Kenya.
We are looking for exemplary candidates so please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Must have a minimum of a college Diploma in business management, logistics or relevant discipline.
- Leadership experience at work, including managing a team of people (Desirable)
- Demonstrated Computer Skills, specifically in using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours during busy season
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Clear written and oral communication
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem-solving
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- High quality work with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact to work in a team Environment
- A willingness to commit to living in Western Province or Nyanza for a long term position
Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Timeline: Candidates to submit resumes by the 31st of July 2013.
Compensation: Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Performance Based bonuses, transport and airtime allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
(Subject line: Warehouse Associate + the place you heard of the position) and salary expectation
Vacancy in Kenya
One Acre Fund