One Acre Fund Job in Western Kenya
Posted: Jul 21, 2013
One Acre Fund Logistics Data Analyst Officer Job in Western Kenya
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Logistics, Management, Auditing
Title: Logistics Data Analyst Officer
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Western Kenya
Long Term Career PositionOrganization Description
One Acre Fund is an agricultural non-profit operating in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families grow their way out of poverty.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” including education, finance, farm inputs, health products, and market access.
Our program has proven impact – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure a more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff.
Last season our Kenyan logistics department delivered over 6 million kgs of inputs to our farmers.
This season will be even larger!Job Description
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking a Logistics Data Analyst officer who will use a proprietary inventory management software (training offered upon hiring) to keep track of inventory movements across all of One Acre Fund Kenya’s warehouses and stores.
The Analyst will be asked to keep organized records and perform reconciliation of data where necessary.Responsibilities
- Data entry of weekly stock movements across 6+ warehouses across Kenya
- Data analysis comparing stock cards, delivery notes, and other documentation to ensure accuracy
- Weekly reporting of inventory levels along with comprehensive understanding of stock movements
- Maintain organized files of all stock cards, delivery notes, distribution sheets, purchase orders, and invoices for the logistics department
- Perform basic excel tasks using our client data to calculate purchase needs and distribution demands
- The logistics analyst will need to carry out a monthly ‘inventory closing’ and send this report to the supervisor.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that employees are passionate about.Qualifications
- Post-Secondary certification in the relevant discipline
- Demonstrated Computer Skills, specifically in using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Typing speed of 50 words per minute
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, strong organizational and analytical skills. Experience with inventory management a plus.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Clear written and oral communication
- Strong math skills
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Ability to interact to work in a team Environment
- A willingness to commit to living in Western Province a long term position
- Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Timeline: Candidates to submit resumes by the 31st of July 2013.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on qualification and Experience.
Benefits: Performance Based bonuses, transport and airtime allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Logistics Data Analyst Officer + the place you heard of the position) and salary expectation