One Acre Fund Job in Bungoma Kenya – Print Officer
Posted: Aug 28, 2013
One Acre Fund Print Officer Job in Bungoma Kenya
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Print Officer
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Bungoma, Western Province
Long-term Career Track Role
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff in Kenya.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking a Print Officer to help us manage our print needs at the organization.
The role would require the individual to manage incoming requests, relationships with key departments and external suppliers, manage and quality check print processes and provide excellent service to the various departments in OAF.
The department is growing fast within One Acre Fund and there are opportunities for a strong performing officer to quickly move into a leadership position.
This role would require strong attention to detail, a willingness to patiently communicate internally with directors and department managers as well as external vendors to help solve problems.
The position requires a person with a strong positive attitude and a desire to grow their career in the role.
Primary Duties of the Print Officer
- Manage complicated print orders with strong attention to detail!
- Manage flow and execution of weekly district orders.
- Manage QuickPrint email and ensure timely/quality service delivery to KHQ staff.
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of materials to district offices in coordination with the Logistics team.
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking professionals with one to two years of work experience.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organised and proactive; More than anything, we are looking for candidates that are smart, with attention to detail and have strong critical thinking ability!
Please apply if you fit these criteria:
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment such as government, business or NGO’s
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Bungoma for a long-term position
- Leadership and management experience at work or outside of work
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please highlight the following skills if you have them
Experience in Printing services
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by Monday August 31st 2013. We will begin interviews in September and plan to make an offer to begin immediately.
Compensation: Competitive Salary Benefits: Performance Based Incentives airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to [email protected] (Subject line: Print Officer + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
Applicants who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.