One Acre Fund Infrastructure Assistant Job in Bungoma Kenya
Organization Description: One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sublocations and districts we work in each year.
Primary Duties of Infrastructure Assistant
- Manage maintenance system for 1AF facilities and vehicles
- Do research about labor and material prices
- Extend network of contractors
- Track current infrastructure projects
- Document control for contracts, payment requests, procurement requests
- Track vehicle repairs and costs
- Audit infrastructure systems and expenses
- Follow up with fuel expenses for the organization matatu and other vehicles
- Provide support to infrastructure team
- Labor Management (Strict and Firm) – Directly supervise all contractors and tradesmen on all project job sites under his/her direction
- Work to strict deadlines
- Site Maintenance – Ensure proper maintenance of all sites including following weekly and monthly checklist systems.
- Quality Control – Ensure projects are of the highest possible quality.
- Create tight and honest budgets.
- Creating project schedules/work plans
- Improve upon and develop new tracking tools, task management, and ways to reduce cost whilst improving quality of construction and maintenance.
- Weekly Project Update Meeting with Supervisor.
- Miscellaneous – Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required:
- A Higher Diploma in Engineering, Building and Construction, Architecture or other relevant field from recognized college and universities
- High energy and willingness to progress in your career
- Great motivation to lead and serve
- Minimum 1 year of experience in construction, architecture or engineering
- Experience with regard to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on construction and maintenance projects
- High attention to detail with regards to quality
- Extremely organized
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Hard working (occasionally willing to put in time outside of normal working hours)
- Creative problem solver
- Independent and motivated
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and landscaping preferred
- Proficiency in computing, data, budgets and IT.
- Fluency in English essential
- Must be based in Bungoma, Kenya or willing to travel/relocate.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover letter (essential)
- Project portfolio of any recent projects you have managed and completed. Include any pictures,bugdets and work plans (highly desirable)