One Acre Fund Construction Manager in Bungoma, Kenya
Organization Description: One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sublocations and districts we work in each year.
Primary Duties of Construction Manager
- Manage new and ongoing construction projects.
- Labor Management (Strict and Firm) – Directly supervise all contractors and tradesmen on all project job sites under his/her direction
- Work to strict deadlines
- Site Maintenance – Ensure proper maintenance of all sites including following weekly and monthly checklist systems.
- Manage regular maintenance staff.
- Quality Control – Ensure projects are of the highest possible quality.
- Create tight and honest budgets.
- Updating budgets and schedules weekly. Recording actual costs.
- Creating project schedules/work plans
- Improve upon and develop new tracking tools, task management, and ways to reduce cost whilst improving quality of construction and maintenance.
- Weekly Project Update Meeting with Supervisor.
- Manage the grounds keeping staff
Qualifications: We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-4 years of work experience in construction management, engineering or architecture with great leadership skills.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required:
- A Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building and Construction, Architecture or other relevant field from recognized college and universities
- High energy and willingness to progress in your career
- Great motivation to lead and serve
- Minimum 1 year of experience in construction, architecture or engineering
- Experience with regard to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on construction and maintenance projects
- Master of generally accepted construction techniques
- High attention to detail with regards to quality
- Extremely organized
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Hard working (occasionally willing to put in time outside of normal working hours)
- Creative problem solver
- Independent and motivated
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and landscaping preferred
- Proficiency in computing, data, budgets and IT.
- Fluency in English essential
- Must be based in Bungoma, Kenya or willing to travel/relocate.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover letter (essential)
- Project portfolio of any recent projects you have managed and completed. Include any pictures,bugdets and work plans (highly desirable)